Originally uploaded by i_bugsy.
Well at least one sock. Also, it seems that this sock maybe alone for awhile. That's because a few months back I fell on my left shoulder and injured it.
During that time I hadn't worked on the sock, but last week I was really energized about finishing the sock and I worked a lot on it. Then my shoulder was throbbing and hurting and feeling stiffer than usual.
I had been going to physical therapy and things were looking good until now. So when I went back to physical therapy on Tuesday the therapist was a bit alarmed that my shoulder seemed to have regressed in some ways.
We figured it must be the knitting! Ick! So no knitting for me for a while. I'm a bit bummed about it as I was really excited about finishing the mate for this sock and trying another sock!
So I've turned back to my quilting, but that's going to simple stuff and no freehand motion quilting. I've got two tops that need to be finished by the second week of January. I've got both quilts ready for quilting.
So that should keep me somewhat busy.
Here's some info, primarily for me:
- Super Fine Shepherd Sock by Lorna's Laces.
- Color: 5757, Lot 601 - Rainbow. 7 sts = 1 "
- cuff and leg: 7"
- heel to toe: 8"
- toe: 2"
Sock Gusset Complete
Originally uploaded by i_bugsy.
So I've made substantial progress on the sock since fixing my dropped stitches problem while hanging out in the gusset.
I had to implement my fix one more time as I dropped more stitches. It happened while I was on the same side of the sock where I have to slip slip knit (ssk) in order to reduce the number of stitches on that side of the sock. So I made sure to be extra careful when approaching that area.
While working the gusset, I realized that the sock would look so much better if I had just done simple knitting. The colors on the gusset seem to pop out more and I see more of them than on the sock leg where I was doing ribbing. I'll wait before deciding on it, besides I have to make a mate, so I'm pretty much stuck with it.
The foot should be pretty easy to do as half of the stitches will be knit and the other half ribbing. The next big hurdle will be the toe, although I don't expect it to be too much trouble.
I've been working on this sock since July! Good thing I'm not making a living doing this!
Having come up with a plan to fix my dropped stitches problem, I headed to the knitting store to pick up a few things.
I picked up a cable needle, a 2.5 crochet hook, tip protectors, and some locking stitch markers.
Once I got home, I reassessed the problem. I used a few of the locking stitch markers to replace the needles that I had put in to hold the dropped stitches. At least the locking stitch markers wont fall out like the needles did.
Once I completed locking these stitches, I found one more dropped stitch! I used another marker.
I now have three dropped stitches and I'm two rows down from where I need to be. This is good. The challenge will be kniittitng two of those stitches together. I'm hoping I'll be able to use the crochet hook for that.
Once that's done I can bring the stitches up the final row and then I should be good to go!
I fixed the problem and am now moving forward with completing the gussett!