Originally uploaded by i_bugsy.
Its done! Sort of! I finished the binding on the queen size quilt that I made for our new queen size bed! Yes indeed! A queen size quilt for a queen size bed for a pair of queens!
Unfortunately, there was a little issue with one of the squares near the inner border. Somehow, and I don't know how, when I sewed the border to that side it didn't quite get the attached to one square of the quilt! Color me perplexed!
So now I've got to come up with a fix. Which my wonderful partner has come up with an idea! I'll just appliqué a rectangle the width of the square by the length of the inner border that is the color of the blocks and the middle border - it'll look like a connector!
Which leads me to believe that this is why appliqué was created. To fix mistakes, or more likely, to patch a damaged area. In my case a mistake!
Ugh! Just when I thought I had this thing done! Its the quilt that won't end!
I'm very happy with it!
A couple of notes. It is named "10" because it was finished for our 10th anniversary! I also folded it to get a better picture - the thing is huge!