Originally uploaded by i_bugsy.
Well I finally got the two halves of our quilt sewn together and into a whole! The only thing left to do is make the middle border (flying geese), add the borders (inside, middle, outside), and bind it.
It turned out well except for one minor issue with a seam that didn't work right, or was not quite straight. One of the blocks didn't get locked into the joining seam. I plan on appliquéing a block on top to hide the issue.
Also, I didn't like the quilting near the seams on the quilt. I didn't quilt as close to the edges that I was to join in an effort to appliqué the backing fabric over the seam. I have to allow at least 1" to do that. Instead I went ahead and used a covering strip. So I should have quilted as close to the edge like I did on the other blocks. Oh well, live and learn.